09 Apr Lock-down Activities
It is unfortunate that normal everyday life has been temporarily suspended. But it is only for now, not forever. And in the meantime, we’ve compiled some of our team’s fave activities to make good use (or no use at all!) of your extended leisure time:
You never know what kind of creativity you possess until you have had time to express it!
- If you’re not sure where to start, join in with the 1770 LARC! Tours colouring competition click here to register. Download the image and colour in, photoshop or decorate however you like. Send back and be in to win great prizes!
- If you are low on creative inspiration check out a virtual tour from further afield, the Paris Louvre has online tours of exhibitions and galleries. Right this way —> https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
- Maybe your creativity lies in dance and you just never knew it. While there’s no one watching, break out some dances moves in front of the mirror. Don’t worry the cat isn’t judging you, he looks at everyone that way…apparently!
- Join Meraki Circus Live and FREE! for ‘Kick it to COVID’ Local talent will teach you how to juggle, work out and express yourself in a multitude of ways. True motivation like no other, direct from Agnes Water, Qld.
Never had the time to study, learn another language or how to bake?
- You’re spending hours online anyway, why not spend it doing an online course. TAFE Qld have loads of online courses and are very flexible. Long or short course, they can work in with your schedule and even apply it for when you go back to work so you can continue learning after everything has calmed down.
- Duolingo https://www.duolingo.com/ is a creative, fun and entertaining language app. You can choose from over 100 languages to learn and it takes as little as 5 minutes a day (but we know you have more time than that!). You can set your own goals, join in with friends and keep track of your progress. Even better it is FREE!
- You stocked up on flour and have no idea what to do with it? Well it doesn’t have an infinite shelf life so start baking! Here’s an easy recipe to start you off http://everydaygourmet.tv/recipes/the-easiest-cake-recipe-in-the-world/ . Or the more advanced bakers should hone their Vanilla Slice technique to see if you can rival Phil’s from the 1770 Marina Café – he’s won the ‘Vanilla Slice King’ prize 2 years in a row! And no, we don’t have a recipe link, he won’t even share with us.
Spy on animals
Forget productivity when you can spy on animals with these awesome virtual cams.
- You don’t have to get wet to pretend you’re the little mermaid (or merman!) Not only is this cam mesmerising but you can also have a lot of fun spotting and identifying all the animals in the National Aquarium https://www.aqua.org/Experience/live .
- Monterey Bay Aquarium is another one for the ocean and water lovers out there https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/ . Here you can be formally introduced to each fish, shellfish, penguin, seaweed, shark and otter. You can even choose what habitat to explore from coral reefs to rocky shores. There’s so much to discover while you’re high and dry.
- Did you love the Madagascar movies? It all started here at Sandiego Zoo now on live stream – https://animals.sandiegozoo.org/live-cams . The penguins are currently the biggest internet sensation, but you can also watch baboons, butterflies and tigers!
- A bit closer to home Zoos Victoria has set up live stream cameras https://www.zoo.org.au/animal-house/ around the grounds so, the snow leopard cubs, lions and giraffes can keep you company all day, every day. The enclosures here are large and expertly mimic the animal’s natural habitats, it’s almost like watching these animals in the wild.
- For everything Australian from Koalas to dingos, this is our favourite at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary https://koala.net/webcams located on 200,000 acres in Fig Tree Pocket , Queensland.
Plan for more
Our last suggestion is to plan your next holiday to Agnes Water and 1770 for when this is all over. If you need help or ideas on what there is to see and do, let us know by messaging on messenger or email our friendly team. We can’t wait to see you all on the other side!