10 Jan 2019 – Here we are!
Have you ever wondered what keeps us busy in LARC! Land?
Year round, we roll from season to season and each brings new life and new activities for our LARCaholics to indulge in.
And 2019 is an extra special year for 1770 LARC! Tours – the month of May will mark the 25th BIRTHDAY of the business!!! What a great reason for you to plan another visit to our delightful Town of 1770 for a LARCing great time! Or you may choose to come for one of these other great reasons:
- We ‘LARC! until dark’ through the school holidays with extra tours for our festive summer holiday visitors to enjoy
- Turtle season is in its peak time with some big mumma turtles still laying their eggs on Bustard Bay beaches, and with the hatching of the eggs laid last year beginning
- Don’t forget your Valentine…you can even buy them a voucher for our LARC! shop or a LARC! tour, contact us here
- Agnes Water & 1770 throw a BIG party every Feb for the Agnes Blues, Roots & Rock Festival, a must do 3 day live music event. The 2019 headline performers are The Black Sorrows, see full line up https://www.agnesbluesandroots.com.au/
- Surfers can find superb swell at Agnes Water main beach for the annual Reef2Beach Longboard Classic
- Autumn and March brings out the Eco in us all with Clean Up Australia Day and Earth Hour this month. Make sure your actions are looking after our planet
- Easter holidays are here! And so is the Chocolate season! As we say hello to the Easter Bunny we also have extra tours on offer for most of April. We recommend booking your preferred LARC! adventure well in advance during these holidays.
- The last of the sea turtle hatchlings will have escaped their nests by now – safe travels little ones, hope we see you back here to lay some day 🙂
- May 2019 will be LARCtastic – a very special 25 year celebration of the 1770 LARC! Tours business! That’s a quarter of a century, WOW! Stay tuned to our LARCaholics enewsletters and our @1770LARC Facebook page for details on this awesome milestone for LARCman Neil Mergard and his crew
- This is also the month that the Town of 1770 celebrates its history with the annual Captain Cook 1770 Festival – street parade, fireworks, indigenous performers, workshops, surf culture elements, soul garden, stallholders, live music, and even a re-enactment of Cook’s landing. More details here
- As winter has now arrived, we see a jump in the number of New South Wales, Victorian, Tasmanian, South Australian and even West Oz number plates around town. We love welcoming all these self drive seniors inside the Bustard Head Lighthouse tower and then seeing their glee as they re-ignite their hidden youth on the sandboarding run of our LARC! Paradise Tour.
- This month marks the beginning of Humpback Whale sightings off the 1770 Headland, what majestic and amazing creatures. We support Sea Shepherd Australia in their actions to help save this population of mammals, read about them here
- Manta Rays love this time of year on the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef. If you are lucky you will sight some feeding in the shallows of Bustard Bay while on your LARC! tour, it’s such an exciting moment to witness up close, as you can imagine!
- Much of July is Aussie school holiday visitors and winter sunsets in 1770…bliss!
- August provides beautiful days LARCing with ‘glass out’ conditions on the ocean, incredible visibility in the water and from the 360degree views off the balcony of Bustard Head Lighthouse tower. Truly a beautiful time of year.
- The Agnes Water Orchid & Foliage Club hold a wonderful annual display in the Community Centre, more here
- Spring has sprung! So many varieties of seabirds are active now – the endangered Little Terns arrive; Red Capped Plovers are partnering up; Pied Oyster Catcher pairs prepare for their new arrivals – and can you believe these birds pair for life!
- The Humpback Whales are now heading south with their new babies and they’ve been known to come into Bustard Bay occasionally. A LARCtastic sight from our pink amphibian or from the Lighthouse balcony.
- Spring school holidays merge into end of year school excursions, showcasing nature and Australian heritage to children of all ages.
- Corporate Christmas celebrations begin at this time of year too…why not book yours now? Email us for a LARCing great deal and a memorable event J
- The first Sea Turtles comes up to lay on Bustard Bay beaches and it’s turtle season again
- On 15 November we remember Steve Irwin and his conservation crusades
- Red-Tailed Black Cockatoos start arriving now for their migrational feeding frenzy, signalling a change in season.
- Santa finds us at the beach on Christmas Day for fun and festivities!